JIVA MATERIALS LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and we conduct ourselves in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our websites, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and within the confines of GDPR.
JIVA MATERIALS LTD may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you as a subject access request under GDPR guidelines.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosures of your information to other parties
Any information we collect will be used only for JIVA MATERIALS LTD business purposes, and we never pass your information to any other organisations except where necessary to conduct our regular business. There are some third-party organisations who may have occasional access to the data we collect as part of their ongoing contracts with us. These include our website analytics software, database provider, email marketing software and other systems support service providers. We have taken measures to confirm that these suppliers are GDPR compliant.
We will not disclose your email address in any marketing communications sent to multiple email addresses.
Information collected through your routine use of this website
Unless you explicitly provide your personal information (e.g. via an online form), we do not collect any personal data through your use of our website. All data that we do collect is obtained and used in anonymous, aggregate form, i.e., you cannot be identified personally from the data, unless otherwise noted below.
Here’s what we collect:
- What pages you have visited (if you arrive at our website from a link in one of our email marketing communications, this is not anonymous)
- Specific actions you might take, such as watching a video or downloading a document
- How you arrived at our website, e.g. what you searched for in Google, or what website sent you to us
- General usage statistics, such as how long you stayed on our site or how many pages you viewed
How we collect and use this information
We collect and use information about how you use our website as follows:
General Website Analytics
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This information is collected without identifying you personally or giving access to your computer, and we only use this data in aggregate, anonymised form. If you do not wish to participate, you can change your preferences by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
If you visit our website by clicking on a link in an email marketing communication you have received from us, our email marketing software collects data on what pages you visit, in association with your record in our customer database. This helps us to better target future marketing communications to you and improve our sales team’s understanding of products in which you might be interested.
How long we keep this information
We keep website usage information in a completely anonymous format indefinitely. This enables us to track usage and improvements to our website over long periods of time.
Information collected through your use of our site following receipt of an email marketing communication is kept in your record on our customer database until we no longer have reasonable use for this information or you ask us to remove it.
Additional information collected through forms on this website
What we collect
When you submit a form on our website, the information you provide, including personal data such as name and job title, may be stored in our customer database if required to maintain further contact with you about an ongoing enquiry.
What we do with the information we gather
If we require this information, it is to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you tick a box on the form indicating your desire to be added to our mailing list, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will always provide you with opt-out options.
- If we commence a business relationship with you as a result of your enquiry, you may also receive periodic promotional emails tailored to your areas of interest. We will always provide you with opt-out options.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or mail.
- We may use the data to help us assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- We may use the data to help us improve the design of the website and make it more usable for you.
If you have any further questions about the collection and use of your data, including a subject access request, please contact us at: +44 (0) 3301 332565 or [email protected].